Sunday, October 26, 2008

Playing Mom

So, until Wednesday I am an instant Mom for two very active, very different boys and two dogs. So of course, got to church late and all those fun things. The younger one wants to be like his older brother which, of course, annoys the older one then it all starts. One starts something and the other wants to be a part of it (and do it better, of course.) It is quite an interesting situation. I was watching something and a line in it said something like babies come that way because parents are babies in ability and as the children grow, so does the ablilities of the parents. Don't get me wrong, they are great kids but it is definitely a different world.

I am not sure how tomorrow morning is going to go. The clothes are all laid out and bookbags are all prepped but you never know. My biggest worry is that the dogs are not used to being in the house all day, so I do not know what surprises will be waiting when we get home. (I am going to stop by on my lunch break and I hope that will be enough :)

This weekend was Stake conference which is held in Soldotna. The general session was going to be broadcasted this year to us. Usually it is recorded and sent later. Unfortunately, we were called on Friday night that the broadcasting equiptment from the HS was not compatible with the equiptment at our building. Everyone was so disappointed, they were so excited when it was announced that we would have stake conference in real time. We were able to see the adult session and it was so good. One thing about being on an island, you cannot just load up a van and drive over the miles in order to save the cost of the travel. Some of the lifers here have only been to one live session of stake conference. Even if you took the ferry instead of the jet, the cost to go is very high. (And that is assuming that the weather is cooperative.) It's definitely a huge change. I don't feel that removed from everything....I don't know if it just because it hasn't hit me yet or what.

The sun was out today, from inside it looked so warm, but then you went outside and it was freezing. I have a new appreciation for Satin Lips and my skin hydrator. The other day one of my students skin was so dry and cracked I just wanted to load him up with sample.

We are in hunting season. The island has black-tailed deer, mountain goats and of course the Kodiak Bear. Students are going out with their parents and there is a lot of side talking on what they hope to get and what they look forward to having.

No comments: