Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Friday and Sunny!

I love Fridays, they really are great! (Means I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow...maybe.) And the sun is out in full force, or at least as forceful as it gets here. It should be in the mid 50's today...quite warm....ha!

Work is going really well, I think. My schedule is a bit crazy every other day and then wonderful every other day. The kids are really talented. I would really love, someday, to get all the students I have ever worked with together. It would be very interesting, in a very good way. Our first concert here is on October 30th. The elementary school I work with has only had instruments for a couple of weeks but they are doing really well. They know two of their songs and only one more to go. 6th Band played for the school board meeting (which is broadcast across the island to all the villages.) It was fun and different, the kids did well. (Magma is their fav in the 6th grade so far...)

So coming home today was kind of sweet. My next door neighbor was outside waiting for me. He is so cute and comes out everytime I come home lately. I sneaked a picture of him on my steps for Beth, since I know that she would never find my discription good enough.




His name is Toby.

2 comments:

Beth morgan said...

Sometimes they are the best kind of boys!!! Loyal, let me tell you what!!! lol He's great Amy!

Amy said...

He is great, I just hope my "boys" waiting for me in AZ don't feel I'm betraying them ;0) (Spot and Stripes were never really big on dogs.....)