Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lovely Weekend

This weekend has seen a bit of rain, but also has had quite a bit of sun. It was gorgeous. While, I admit I am more used to the sun, I have always liked cloudy days and still like them. (So, for me, it is gorgeous all the time..hehehe)

Didn't do a ton this weekend, just kicked back and relaxed. Quite a habit I am getting into, seperating school time and my time. I did go over to some friends of mine for dinner...haystacks! How fun was that! They are really great people and tons of fun!

It is getting to the time of year where the Bald Eagles are very thick in trees, I am told. I am looking forward to that. (While I never wanted to see bears, I am excited about the Eagles.) I have a lot of trees outside my windows, so I am hoping for some really great pictures!

There is a flower here called the fire flower and it blooms from the bottom up. People on the island say they know it is time for school to start when the top flowers bloom. (I took this the week before school started.) We also have ravens here that are huge! I saw one at Safeway the other day and was completely impressed with it's size. (And a little intimidated about whipping out my camera and taking a pic...sorry) It perched right on a tailgate of a truck in the thick of the weekend shopping. I wonder one has ever flown in before??

No comments: