Monday, October 13, 2008

Things I Miss

So, the biggest question I am asked is what do I miss about Arizona. So, here it is. Yes, I miss the heat. I miss the warmth of the sun that goes to your very core at times. But to be out of the dry air is amazing as well. Ya, it's cold but there are some amazing coats, gloves and hats as well :)

I miss my gentlemen. Clint and Reece, I miss having someone to hang out with, go out to eat with and open my doors. I really miss my cats. Sometimes I come in and forget that they aren't here. It also hits me from time to time how far away everyone else is, I can't just pop in on Mom, Anne or most of the people I am used to. I am very glad for the phone and e-mail.

But it is really worth it...Everybody here is really great. I can't tell you how nice it is to be in a totally different enviroment. It really is an adventure. It is also nice to see how things are done in another state. All I have really ever known is Arizona, for the most part. It is really great to expand my horizons.

Besides the beautiful landscape, the great students and the wonderful people, coming to Alaska has given me a lot of intangibles that would be to hard to put into words. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did it and how I am looking forward to being here for quite a while. I am equally glad for all the experiences that I have had in the "lower 48" and I must tell you all how you need to come and see this place! Needs to be at the top of your to-do list! Well, got some work to do before bed...hope ths answered the question well enough... :)

2 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

So glad to find your blog. Very different and exciting!!

Amy said...

I am glad you found it too. I love reading yours! Different and exciting are definitely the right words...