Saturday, November 1, 2008

First Concert

I am still exausted. The concert went very well, I am so proud of the students. the 6th graders were amazing and the 5th graders did very well. The winds really supported their playing and the violins were very focused. I don't know who was more nervous, them or me. One thing I always love about 1st concerts is that once it is over, you are never that nervous again.

We are working on opening up choir to the 6th grade and we will end up with a class close to 40 kids. I am really excited about it. (No pressure, right....)

Friday we had a lot of Halloween activities. The students wore costumes and the last half of the day was spent with cake walks, craft activites, Wii sports, tech activities, board games and gym activities. It was great! A couple of students posed for pics for me to post. It was fun!! Honestly, the whole week was touched with Halloween celebrations. I didn't have any trick or treaters, my apt is kinda out of the way, but the kids were out in full force all around the town. (Wal-mart had a thing there where the kids could go trick or treating in the store. It was really neat.)

The prep for the Christmas concert is in full swing. We will actually start working on a couple of songs for the spring concert next week as well. It blows my mind that time has flown by that fast.

Well, gotta run. Have a Mary Kay party tonight, first one on the island...to much fun!!

No comments: