Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back Friday....Alaska Style!!

Black Friday was amazing on so many levels!! It was our huge open house, so I ended up staying late Thursday, finishing that up. The report I had on Wal-Mart was so packed and everything was gone in about an hour. (There were no towels left by 5:10 am.....I don't think anyone does a sale like islanders!!!) Forget the electronics department it was nuts! Fortunately no one brought any children that weren't old enought to fend for themselves. No, I didn't brave it. Why? Amazon.com had the same deals and free shipping....hehehe

I did go to Mack's sporting goods and it was great!! It was so packed and the lady had a hard time unlocking one of the entrance doors. People were not happy but patient. I got socks and a hat that is kinda like Sarah's. It is so warm and fun and the whole rack was gone in less than 10 minutes! I cannot tell you how much I love my socks!! They were all wool and one is called smart wool. (One of my collegues told me how great they are and they are so right!!!) I almost didn't get a pair. They are kind pricey but they are so great. They are thin in texture but are so warm and have so much support!!!

I also went to the True Value and spent $10!! I got a tool set, nails and a heavy duty Flashlight.... I was so excited! Yes, I didn't splurge and in no way can I compete with Beth, but I was proud of myself and it was great to be a part of it. Next year I will brave Wal-Mart or maybe even fly into Anchorage (they have a mall there.....crazy stuff!!)

Driving around was amazing, so many people were out!! That has been the most traffic I have seen since I got here. I was told that the Day after Thanksgiving is much bigger here than the day after Christmas since that sale doesn't happen until January because the Russian Orthodox Christmas is in the first part of January.

It had been raining all day but the snow was so thick that it left everything very icy. It was great walking down the road to the stores at 5:30 in the morning after parking a couple blocks away. We had our open house and it was great!! It was the first one of the season and with no tax and free shipping my little stock went like hotcakes! (New one coming in next week....hehehe) We are going to have another one on the 12th for all the last minute shopping. It was so much fun hanging around with all the different groups. I am totally hooked on Princess House dishes they are gorgeous and so heavy duty! At Home America has some of the cutest stuff and Party Lite has some great decorative things too!! I was so good though and didn't spend anything!! (It was very hard!! Demarle's silicone bakeware and Pampered Chefs 20% off stones were so tempting!!)

Well, I gotta run to a Birthday Bash. Hope everyone had a great time!!

No comments: