Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving....yum, yum, yum!!

Oh, the food.....I was so full after the yummy turkey, stuffing, potatoes, veggies, sluice (part sluch and part juice) and pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin turtle pie that I really could have rolled home! We had it at the Cavan's and we got to write a little card on what we were thankful card and read it to everyone. It was so nice! The feasting lasted approximately 45 min and the recovery time of 15 min before anyone moved from the table. :)

It was really a nice time. It was the first time I haven't been around family at Thanksgiving and When I smelled the turkey I also expected the smell of Mom's house too. I missed it, but it was still very nice. I am very glad that I have been able to have all the experiences I have had. I am so grateful for my family and for their unending support. As you get older you think back on the things you remember and though I can remember some thing I wish I had done differently I cannot remember anything come from my family that is not wonderfully great. My sisters and my Mother have been marvelous examples and I would not be me without me.

I can honestly say that I would not have chosen some of the experiences in my life but I am very grateful that they happened. I don't think I would have the faith, confidence and knowledge I have now if things had not turned out this way. Sometimes, I admit, I am driven by some of my memories but that is a fabulous thing too. I am glad that we have the knowledge of life and how everything is interconnected, that alone can be a huge strength when thinks seem to hit us on all sides.

I have always been blessed with good friends. Proximity my not always be what I wish it was, but they have definitely been a positive, driving force in my life. I do look forward to the time when we can all "hangout." (That feel very high schoolish...hehehe)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: